# PHP Kilo
A reimplementation of the [Kilo](https://viewsourcecode.org/snaptoken/kilo/index.html) tutorial in PHP. Also has some inspiration from the [Hecto](https://www.philippflenker.com/hecto/) text editor tutorial. Requires PHP 8 and FFI.
* PHP 8
* FFI enabled
## Implementation notes:
* The `editor` prefix has been removed from all the relevant functions, instead they are methods on one of the implementation classes.
* Enums are faked with class constants
* Composer is used for autoloading
* Properties that must be manually updated in the C version (like counts/string length) are implemented with magic methods,
so they are essentially calculated on read.
* Generally, if a function exists in PHP, with the same name as the C function, the PHP version will be used.
* Classes are used to modularize functionality, and reduce the amount of functions with global side effects